Friday 16 August 2013

Another Tuesday, Another Bike Race

This week my legs felt OK on my warm up, but as soon as the race started they didn't feel great. Strangely this meant that I actually enjoyed the race more than the previous couple because it hurt more, so I felt like it was a good training session. Starting as a second group of six we worked quite well together to catch the first group of six who had set off 45 seconds earlier. After passing them, with only one girl jumping groups, the pace slowed and was fairly constant for the remainder of the race. I attacked once but didn’t get a huge gap and so didn’t commit 100%. Again it came down to a sprint finish in which I finished 3rd to Iona Sewell and Brit Tate both of GB Cycles. I really need to improve my sprint finishes! Well done to the other albaRosa girls, Danica and Alison-who had done a time trial earlier in the day! Now that is a good way to make it hurt.

Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment