Tuesday 27 August 2013

albaRosa Circuit Races, York

albaRosa Girls After Race 1

More bike racing at the York circuit, this time two races in one day, each 40 minutes plus five laps with an hour in between races. This turned out to be just enough time to do a cool down, change into dry clothes, eat some porridge and drink some hot chocolate, before it was back out into the rain for round two. 

Race 1 Chase Group

I came 3rd in both races to Brit Tate and Iona Sewell, GB Cycles and collected enough points to earn my Cat 2 licence. I was disappointed that I wasn’t in a position to challenge for a win, but earlier this year I wouldn’t have even considered entering a bike race, so to have now done seven races and not finished lower than 3rd, I think I have to be happy with that.

Race 2 Chase
There are great reports from the day here and here.
Thank you to everyone involved in organising the day and well done to all who competed, especially my albaRosa team mates!


Thanks to James and Jamie for the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment