Saturday 15 September 2012

Sir Chris Hoy

What a great autobiography. Once I started reading it, I really struggled to put it down. That is, until I started to near the end and tried to make it last longer by reading only a few pages at a time! Hopefully Sir Chris will write another one in a few years time to include London 2012 and Glasgow 2014. Throughout the book I came across many little snippets I’d like to write out and stick on my fridge as inspiration, but I’ve limited myself to just one. It’s actually not a quote from Chris Hoy but from Graeme Obree (The Flying Scotsman);

'Determination, desire, dedication, and a steadfast refusal to accept the expectations that other people might have of you, are infinitely more important than natural talent, whatever that might be.'

Chris talks very highly of Graeme Obree in his autobiography citing him as one of his role models. He sounds like a very interesting character, so I think I’ll read his autobiography next, oh after Pendles that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment